The KISS22 sailpan consists of just one wishboned mainsail. It will not need a boom. The KISS22-rig is slightly similar to a Windsurfer, but has differences too.
This mainsail is quite large and can easily compete with all sailing properties of a traditional main and jib combination.
The rigging of KISS22 is an unstayed, carbon-fibre constructed mast approx. 10 meters above the waterline. KISS22 has a modern square-topped mainsail of 24 m². This sail hoisted, the clew of the sail is much higher than would be with a traditional boom. The very end of the wishbone holds the sheetblock.
To illustrate the simplicity:
Only five lines control the whole rigging to sail the KISS22-daysailer properly.
- Snooter or choker. The snooter pulls the front end of the wishbone towards the mast, thereby flattening the sail and controlling the leach.
- The shoreline
Of the initially desired characteristics the following are now fulfilled:
- the possibility to sail a tactical race
- safety, stability and good balance
- comfortable en simple to sail
- easy to rig and un-rig
- very little to no maintenance
- ability to sail singlehandedly, or with partner, friend, (grand)child and even the dog.
- sustainable construction
Would you like to know more?
Phone: +31 653 314 126
Albert developed this daysailer KISS22 in close cooperation with the designer, builder, and support of many other knowledgeable competitive sailors.